It has been identified that when creating new vulnerability
exceptions, a duplicate can sometimes be created.
Example of steps that can sometimes reproduce this issue:
- Click on the Vulnerabilities tab.
- Click Manage Vulnerabilities > By Vulnerability.
- Select (single click) a vulnerability which is affecting multiple assets and exception on all assets (Actions drop down, Exception, Exception vulnerability for all assets check box, set expiry dates/comments, click Save button).
- Select another vulnerability which is on multiple assets and exception on a specific asset (Click the Vulnerability Instances for a vulnerability, click an asset, click Actions drop down, click Exception, set expiry dates/comments, click Save button).
- Click on Vulnerability Exceptions on the left menu. The vulnerability exceptioned against all assets can sometimes be duplicated.
APAR IJ02090 – follow the link to register for updates: